Terms and Conditions
.1 . Supplier identification
www.jcmatheson.com is a website operated by J C Matheson in the United Kingdom.
Trading address is not included in these Terms and Conditions as J C Matheson is an individual seller and not a registered business. A return address is included on all orders from this site, but not here, publicly on the internet. I have not found any information on the web regarding this choice and have been reassured this is not classed as a lack of compliance, but if you feel this is conflictive with GDPR Regulations, please contact email@example.com .
.3 . Cookies Policy Overview:
.4 . Contract execution
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment.
.5 . Email newsletter
• If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services if you have opted in for this.
• You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time through our Data Request page.
.6 . Cookies & monitoring
• Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
• Analytical/performance cookie - These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
• Functionality cookies - These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
• Targeting Cookies - These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
• The IP address of your computer.
• The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
The reasons for this are:
• To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data.
• To see our most popular sources of business.
.7 . Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data:
• To agents and service providers.
• In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cybercrime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) to describe our services to prospective partners (advertisers, sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right to request access to personal data which may hold or process about you and under the GDPR you have the right to ask for it to be removed.
.8 . Product information
Echo Valley is recommended for Young adults/Teenage reading. Its content contains themes of Fantasy Horror, Violence and strong language. This warning is also on the back cover of the Paperback edition. Echo Valley is not recommended for younger readers.
.9 . Right to cancel and returns policy
You have the right to cancel the purchase of a good without having to give a reason at any time within the "cooling off period" of seven working days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the contract.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation.
You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods:
• for the supply of goods, the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the retailer.
• for the supply of good made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
• for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software if they are unsealed by you.
• for the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines.
• for gaming, betting or lottery services.
.10 . Notices
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
.11 . Conclusion
These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.